Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

After a busy second half of the week, I was invited up to Blue Ridge with a dear, dear friend of mine, her hubby, and her parents. It was so nice to get away and what a weekend to do so! The weather was gorgeous on the way up! I had the windows down, sunglasses on, and the oldies a-blarin'!




After all the parties had arrived and we had filled our bellies with many good fixin's, the girls made their way outside to the fire for some good wine and conversation. Two things that ALWAYS go well together! I love talking to different people about issues and struggles that I am having, a: as to not go crazy but b: more importantly, the majority of the time the other person has some very good points to make that you have never thought of. Without giving too much away, it was a very eye-opening conversation for myself as well as insightful on the topic as a whole. It helped me realize that no amount of snide comments can change someone or make me feel some kind of justification in doing so. Most of the time, there are situations where you need to ask for help in changing you, your behavior, or your heart.

Ok enough of the deep mumbo-jumbo. Saturday, the girls ventured in to Blue Ridge while the men were off doing manly, outdoorsy things. We had a delicious lunch of house salads and individual pizzas with Figs, Pecan, Gorgonzola, and Caramelized Onions. SOOO. GOOOOD!!! We then went venturing into downtown Blue Ridge. We did a little window shopping, a little bit of actual shopping, ice cream eating, and of course, gawking at the locals. We did not dare upset them though! We did a little afternoon napping in front of the telly and later had a fabulous dinner; full of Pioneer Woman recipes!! It was so so good!!

I kept repeating it all weekend long, but I was truly impressed with the little town of Blue Ridge. It far surpassed my expectations of other North Georgia cities and I can't wait to go back ;) It was definitely a good start to Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...